Webinar : Mobile Cloud Computing Architectures
Introduction to Amazon Web Services
Mobile landscape Overview
Importance of the mobile backend
3 Cases – Mobile Cloud Architectures
Cloud is your Storage
Cloud is your Processor
Cloud is your Extension
What is Amazon Web Services?
Amazon Web Services is a cloud computing platform that provides flexible, scalable, and cost-effective technology infrastructure for businesses of all sizes around the world.…utilizing the knowledge, expertise, and tools used to run Amazon.com’s global web properties for well over a decade.
Amazon Web Services is steadily expanding its global infrastructure to help customers achieve lower latency and higher throughput, and to ensure that their data resides only in the Region they specify. As customers grow their businesses, AWS will continue to provide infrastructure that meets their global requirements.
Amazon Web Services provides highly scalable computing infrastructure that enables organizations around the world to requisition compute power, storage, and other on-demand services in the cloud. These services are available on demand so a customer doesn’t need to think about controlling them, maintaining them or even where they are located.
AWS approach has always been to be a customer focused company. They constantly look to develop services in line with the needs of our customers to make sure they get the flexibility and usability out of the service that they need to be successful.
AWS Meets Enterprise Security Standards
Examining AWS, you’ll see that the same security isolations are employed as would be found in a traditional data center. These include physical data centre security, separation of the network, isolation of the server hardware, and isolation of storage. AWS customers have control over their data: they own the data, not us; they can encrypt their data at rest and in motion, just as they would in their own data center.
Why AWS for Mobile cloud apps ?
- Wide range of services
- Pay as you go
- Align your capacity with your growth
Scale with AWS
- World-wide footprint
- Elastically increase your AWS , DB , NoSQL , EC2
Wide Variety of Access Methods
- Protocols : JSON , BSON , SOAP , REST , HTTP/S , TCP, RTMP
- AWS Mobile SDKs : iOS and Android
- Server Side Languages : Java , Python , PHP ,Ruby
Planet of the Apps – “Appnomy
Some interesting stats about Mobile Appnomy
- Tablets generate 21% of mobile traffic to retailer sites
- iTunes App Store 571,745 approved apps , Android Market 300,000 apps
- Smartphones used for food shopping by 43 percent of US owners
- By 2014, mobile internet should take over desktop internet usage
- iPhone owner has 50+ apps Android owners have 35+ apps
- 26% of the time Smart Phone users will never use the same app again
- One in four mobile apps once downloaded is never used again
- Over 300,00 mobile apps have been developed in three years
We are observing in the last few years that Mobile Cloud computing is emerging as a new paradigm. Mobile applications are becoming highly intelligent and they are leveraging the user’s location, context , Data and network intelligence, for considerably improving user experience. Such complex Mobile applications require Solid Backend Architecture with Elastic processing and memory power. Let us see how we can harness AWS for developing and implementing such mobile applications.
I will be addressing this through 3 Architectural cases in the coming articles