Monday, July 30, 2012

Part 1: (HAProxy EC2 Series) Introduction to HAProxy

HAProxy is a free, very fast and reliable load balancer  offering high availability, load balancing, and proxying for TCP and HTTP-based applications.  HAproxy easily supports thousands of concurrent connections simultaneously and is particularly suited for web sites crawling under very high loads while needing persistence or Layer7 processing.

In AWS infrastructure, HAProxy has been one of most popular and deployed load balancers over EC2 instances. HAProxy works very well in Amazon Public Cloud and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud of the AWS. HAProxy over EC2 can be applied on wide variety of use cases and industry vertical solutions. Now in the coming series of articles we are going to explore HAProxy in depth on Amazon EC2.  


Related Articles

HAProxy - Amazon EC2 Instance and AMI Types
Architecting High Availability at Web/App tier using HAProxy
Comparison Analysis : ELB vs HAProxy
Architecting High Availability at HAProxy layer

No comments:

Need Consulting help ?

Name

Email *

Message *

DISCLAIMER
All posts, comments, views expressed in this blog are my own and does not represent the positions or views of my past, present or future employers. The intention of this blog is to share my experience and views. Content is subject to change without any notice. While I would do my best to quote the original author or copyright owners wherever I reference them, if you find any of the content / images violating copyright, please let me know and I will act upon it immediately. Lastly, I encourage you to share the content of this blog in general with other online communities for non-commercial and educational purposes.

Followers